Have you ever had the kind of problem when you are searching for your car keys and can’t find them no matter how hard you try? You can’t give up – they’re your car keys, after all. Have you ever noticed that they are always in the last place you decided to look? Have you even wondered why that is? It’s because once you find them, you stop looking. They will always be in the last place you look.
Looking for car keys is one thing. Looking for online technical colleges is another. There are two big differences between looking for lost car keys and looking for online technical colleges:
- For most people, when they look for online technical colleges, it is the first time they have looked.
- There is not a problem finding online technical colleges. The problem is deciding how to choose the right one.
There are a lot to choose from, but one is just right.
Things to Look for in an Online Technical College
The location of the school is no longer a concern, because you are going to take classes online. That simplifies the search a bit.
- Which schools offer programs that prepare me for my chosen career?
- Are the schools that offer those programs accredited? Accreditation may apply to either a school or a program that the school offers. The rule of thumb is to always choose an accredited school.
Accredited schools have been audited and approved.
- How much does it cost? Many lists leave this to the end, but affordability – or lack thereof – can make a lot of other questions irrelevant.
- Is financial aid available for me?
- Will I be able to transfer class credits to another school in the future? This is one situation where accreditation is important. Many accredited schools will not accept class credits from schools that are not accredited.
- I have some college experience. Will this school accept my previously-earned credits?
- How does the online program work? What will I be expected to accomplish and in what amount of time?
- What kind of orientation can I expect to become familiar with the school and its policies?
- How soon may I start once I have registered?
- How flexible will my schedule be? Will I have to be “in class” when class is in session on campus or will I be able to work around my personal schedule?
- What kind of academic assistance can I expect?
It’s an online course. How could your dog possibly eat your homework?
Why Florida Technical College’s Online Programs Are the Right Fit
The simplest answer is that FTC can answer each of the preceding questions favorably. For instance, once registered for a course, online students are able to begin as soon as they have been granted access to the course materials. No less important, the software used by FTC includes a thorough online orientation so that students are fully prepared before they begin classes. FTC’s Financial Aid Office can help online students secure educational funding, should they need it.
Online school is online cool.
Florida Technical College offers 15 different online courses of study culminating with diplomas, associate degrees and bachelor degrees. See page 173 of our catalog for a complete listing of our online courses.
You can learn more about our online courses at www.ftccollege.edu. Be sure to contact us so that we may discuss the FTC opportunity with you and ensure that all of your questions are answered. Toll-free numbers to each of our campuses are displayed at the top of each website page. If you have questions outside of normal school hours, you may want to take advantage of an online chat with one of our expert representatives. We look forward to you joining our online student family!
Lou Gutheil writes about a wide variety of subjects, including investments, immigration, technology, NGOs, and higher education marketing.