BAKING AND PASTELERIA DIPLOMA PROGRAM
For those of you who are passionate about baking and the art of “pastelería”, such as cake decoration, artisan breads, chocolate sculptures or pulled sugar, the diploma program in Baking and Pastelería teaches the basics needed to work in a professional bakery environment. Florida Technical College’s proximity to the highly touristic area of Orlando / Kissimmee allows our students to work in hotels, resorts, timeshares, restaurants, theme parks and cruises, or even open their own businesses. This 13-month program is very hands-on and classes begin every month.
Some of the skills you will acquire during your training include:
- Developing basic culinary techniques
- Creating specialty breads, desserts, pastries, and patisserie
- The Arts of the Chocolate Sculpture and Pulled Sugar
- Developing a detailed-oriented mind and the art of decoration
You will also:
- Learn and prepare international recipes
- Take hygiene classes with world renowned ServSafe certification
- Gain important asset management skills to manage food service businesses, such as: cost control, menu creation, facilities management and “celebrity chef” entrepreneur mindset.
- Put into practice the knowledge learned in our very own restaurant “Zazon Café”, open to the public!
- Intern in one of the practice places the career service department will help you secure
The students who graduate from the Baking and Pastelería Program can aspire to entry level Hospitality Industry positions that relate to the Baking and Pastry Arts Field. All graduated students will have the knowledge to perform basic and specialized techniques needed to begin a successful career as a professional pastry cook and baker. The employment opportunities for graduates from the Florida Technical College Baking and Pastelería Arts Diploma program include but are not limited to: hotels, resorts, timeshares, restaurants, own businesses, theme parks and cruises ships, bakery shops, wholesale bakeries, bread shops and cake galleries.