CULINARY ARTS DIPLOMA PROGRAM
If you have a passion and respect for food and an eye for business, FTC’s Culinary Arts diploma program is for you. Our diploma program in Culinary Arts will provide you with the necessary knowledge to work, manage and cook in any modern kitchen. In addition, Florida Technical College’s proximity to the highly touristic area of Orlando / Kissimmee and South Florida allows for many opportunities to work in hotels, resorts, timeshares, restaurants, theme parks, cruises or even to open your own restaurant. This 13-month program is mostly hands-on with classes beginning every month.
Florida Technical College’s Culinary Arts program is the perfect blend of in-class lecture theory mastery and hands on lab practice. This blend of both teaching methods ensures that students graduate with well-rounded expertise in knife skills, food production, charcuterie cuts, dessert and even pastry baking. All of these skills are learned and mastered under food productions industry health guidelines. Students also learn the necessary expertise of multiple course meal planning in order to be able to serve and host audiences and customers of all sizes. After studying the important etiquette of the dining industry, students can step from our classrooms right into high-end kitchens. Our graduates flexibility and expertise allow them to have a competitive hiring edge to the graduates of other Culinary Arts programs.
Click below to learn more about our Culinary Arts program
Some of the skills you will acquire during your training include:
- Developing necessary modern and classical culinary techniques
- Recognizing ingredients, techniques and flavors from different cultures around the world
- Developing a detailed-oriented mind and the art of decoration
- Sterilization and hazard prevention
- Menu designing
- How to serve tables, organize a dining room and how to offer great service to your customers
You will also:
- Learn and prepare international recipes
- Take hygiene classes with world renowned ServSafe certification
- Gain important asset management skills to manage food service businesses
- Such as: cost control, menu creation, facilities management and a “celebrity chef” entrepreneur mindset
- Put into practice knowledge acquired in our in house restaurant “Zazon Cafe”, which is open to the public!
- Intern in one of the many possible career developing restaurants in the area
Cook up your future!
The students who graduate from the Culinary Arts Program can aspire to entry-level Hospitality Industry positions that relate to the Culinary Arts Field. All graduated students will have the knowledge to perform basic and specialized techniques needed to begin a successful career as a professional culinary expert. The employment opportunities for graduates from the Florida Technical College Culinary Arts Diploma program include but are not limited to: hotels, resorts, timeshares, restaurants, own businesses, theme parks and cruise ships.
Contact us today to learn more about this exciting and rewarding career!