CULINARY ARTS DIPLOMA PROGRAM
For those who are foodies and like to cook, the diploma program in Culinary Arts teaches the basic knowledge necessary to work in a professional kitchen. Florida Technical College’s proximity to the highly touristic area of Orlando / Kissimmee allows our students to work in hotels, resorts, timeshares, restaurants, theme parks and cruises, or even open their own businesses. This 13-month program is very hands-on and classes begin every month.
Some of the skills you will acquire during your training include:
- Developing basic culinary techniques
- Recognizing ingredients, techniques and flavors from different cultures around the world
- Developing a detailed-oriented mind and the art of decoration
- How to serve tables, organize a dining room and how to offer great service to your customers
You will also:
- Learn and prepare international recipes
- Take hygiene classes with world renowned ServSafe certification
- Gain important asset management skills to manage food service businesses, such as: cost control, menu creation, facilities management and “celebrity chef” entrepreneur mindset.
- Put into practice the knowledge learned in our very own restaurant “Zazon Café”, open to the public!
- Intern in one of the practice places the career service department will help you secure
The students who graduate from the Culinary Arts Program can aspire to entry level Hospitality Industry positions that relate to the Culinary Arts Field. All graduated students will have the knowledge to perform basic and specialized techniques needed to begin a successful career as a professional culinarian. The employment opportunities for graduates from the Florida Technical College Culinary Arts Diploma program include but are not limited to: hotels, resorts, timeshares, restaurants, own businesses, theme parks and cruises ships.