Why Demand for HVAC Technicians in Pembroke Pines is Growing
If you’re looking for a new career that will be interesting, challenging, and that will give you job stability for the foreseeable future, look no further than HVAC. Technicians skilled in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning repair and installation earn a good living due to high demand. At the Pembroke Pines Campus of Florida Technical College (FTC), you can earn a diploma that not only trains you to become an HVAC technician in Pembroke Pines, but also includes the skills needed to work on refrigeration systems and programmable logic controllers.
According to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics, the job outlook for the next several years for HVAC technicians is promising. The field is growing faster than most other careers, at a rate of 21 percent through 2022 and beyond. Here’s why HVAC technicians in Pembroke Pines will always be in demand:
- Everyone has HVAC. In our modern world, almost all buildings, commercial and residential, have HVAC systems and many have refrigeration needs as well. This is something that is unlikely to change, except to expand. As the population grows, there will only be more and more HVAC systems needing replacement or repair. Especially in Florida, where temperatures are warm year-round, workers skilled in maintaining and fixing air conditioning units will always be needed.
- The job requires skilled workers. Not just anyone can work on HVAC systems without the proper training. This is a skilled trade, which is why those with the right education and training will always be in demand. At FTC you will learn all the skills necessary to install new HVAC or refrigeration systems, make repairs and updates to old systems, and troubleshoot problems.
- Technologies are changing. Demand continues to grow for skilled HVAC technicians in Pembroke Pines as the technologies that go into these systems develop and become more computerized. FTC’s HVAC program includes training in installing and maintaining PLCs, or programmable logic controllers, the computers used to automate HVAC and refrigeration systems.
- Equipment is aging. As HVAC technologies change, older equipment becomes obsolete. Homeowners and business owners will continue to need skilled HVAC workers to repair these older systems and to replace them with brand new systems.
- Consumers better understand the importance of HVAC maintenance. Today’s consumers are more informed than ever about the products and technologies they use. They understand that good maintenance of HVAC and refrigeration systems make them more efficient, save money on energy bills, and contribute less pollution and greenhouse gases to the atmosphere. Consumers are more willing than ever to hire the appropriate experts to keep their HVAC systems up and running efficiently.
You can get started now on earning your HVAC diploma from FTC’s Pembroke Pines campus. In just about 12 months you will have learned everything you need to work on HVAC systems, refrigeration systems and programmable logic controllers. You will be ready to start a new career in a field that will always be looking for workers who are skilled and well trained. With a career as an HVAC technician in Pembroke Pines, you can finally get job stability along with interesting daily challenges while earning a good salary.