It has been a year unlike any other we have ever seen at FTC, and as we bring 2021 to a close, we are grateful for our students, faculty, and staff, and for what they have accomplished this year – together.
- Two years in the making, and after 39 years of being NUC University’s “sister institution”, we merged to bring you NUC University – Florida Technical College.
- We signed a partnership with the University of South Florida to allow our alumni the ability to earn advanced degrees, including masters in Cybersecurity and Public Health, at USF without the standard exam requirement.
- We fulfilled our trustee commitment to the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Metro Orlando by awarding an FTC Continuing Education scholarship
- We partnered with the African American Chamber of Commerce to launch “The Business Opportunity Scholarship”
- For three consecutive months, we partnered with The Advance Community Outreach Center and Second Harvest Food Bank to host a drive-up food distribution event at our Orlando campus to help families struggling as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic’s financial impact.
- We teamed up with the Orlando Magic in the Winning MAGIC Fit Four-Week Fitness Challenge with a visit to Hunter’s Creek Elementary School, winners of the challenge.
- We celebrated FTC graduate, Lieutenant Omar Berrio, recipient of the Sergeant Richard “Sam” Howard and Officer Matthew Baxter Memorial Scholarship, at his workplace – the Kissimmee Police Department
- We partnered with Advent Health and the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce to offer a free vaccination clinic at the FTC Kissimmee campus, with Spanish-speaking staff on-site to bring convenient, easy access to the Hispanic population.
- We joined forces with the Miami Dolphins to host the “Fuel for the Brain and Body” back-to-school event, where we distributed a total of 1,000 backpacks and 1,000 packaged meals.
- As part of our 10-year anniversary, FTC International School of Culinary Arts officially unveiled its new commercial-grade kitchen
Thank you for making 2021 a fantastic year. At FTC, your partner in success, we can’t wait to see all the amazing things we will accomplish – together in 2022.
Interested in learning more?
About Florida Technical College (FTC)
Founded in 1982 to provide private, post-secondary education in specialized fields, Florida Technical College is an academic unit of NUC University (NUC), which is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE), 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267- 284-5000) www.msche.org. The MSCHE is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). FTC offers diploma, associate and bachelor’s degree programs in a range of professions, including Healthcare, Construction Trades, Hospitality, Beauty, Information Technology and Business. FTC campuses are located in Orlando, Kissimmee, Lakeland, DeLand, Pembroke Pines, Cutler Bay and Tampa. Program availability varies by campus. The Baking and Pastry and Culinary Arts Diploma programs at the Kissimmee campus are programmatically accredited by the American Culinary Federation Education Foundation’s Accrediting Commission (ACFEFAC). ACFEF Accrediting Commission is located at 180 Center Place Way St. Augustine, Florida 32095. Tel: (800) 624-9458. Fax: (904) 825-4758, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.