Business Office Specialist
Future Start DateJanuary 08
Following the curricular sequence
The Business Office Specialist diploma program prepares students with the knowledge and necessary skills to perform various business operational functions using computer equipment and software to manage technical administrative tasks in multiple office environments. Students will develop customer service, problem solving, and communication skills to function appropriately in an office environment.
- Introduction to Computer Operations
- Introduction to Business
- Business Communications & Word Processing
- Office Operations & Spreadsheets
- Business Communications & Presentations
- Accounting Basics
- Introduction to Marketing
- Information Management
- Human Resources Management
Possible Employment Opportunities
- Office Clerks, General
- Executive Assistant
- Data Entry Clerk
- Administrative/Office Assistant
License or related certification
Students are eligible for certification in:
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certifications
- High School Diploma or a recognized equivalent.
*These examples are intended to serve only as a general guide of possible employment opportunities. There are many factors that determine the job an individual may obtain, and Florida Technical College cannot guarantee its graduates any particular job. Program availability varies by campus.