Every year millions of American students are enrolled in vocational schools. And as we’ll see below, this can have a big affect on their careers. But “vocational school” is kind of a vague term. So before we discuss why a vocational school like Florida Technical College may be best for you, let’s be clear on what it is exactly that we are talking about.
A vocational school is basically an institution of higher education that helps its students learn the skills for a particular job. While a college might take a more holistic approach to education, a vocational school trains you for a specific occupation — which is why back in the day they used to call them “trade schools.”
Every year, more and more people turn to schools like Florida Technical College to help them get the focused education that can make a big difference in their lives and careers. The National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) reports there are more than 7000 schools in the U.S that have awarded literally millions of certificates and degrees!
So why are vocational schools so popular? For one reason, students can choose from a wide range of certificates and degrees. At Florida Technical College, just a few of the possibilities include:
- Web Design
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Business Management
- Medical Assisting
- Criminal Justice
- Information Technology
Another reason that vocational schools are a popular choice is that they help people get jobs! According to the CTE, 80-90% of vocational school graduates are employed, with up to 75% working in their field of study.
There are a lot of things to consider if you’re deciding between an Associate’s degree, a Bachelor’s degree or a vocational school. We’ll get into more detail in a later post.
But for now, here are a few things to consider:
- Time. Can you attend full-time? Part-time? Do the class schedules offer any flexibility? Because you’ll need to consider how long it’ll take to get your degree; especially if you already have a job and/or family obligations.
- Money. Does the school offer financial aid? And (this is important) is there a financial aid office that can help you with the paperwork?
- Job prospects. Do you want to work as soon as possible? And do you already know exactly what you want to do?
If you think these things are important, then a vocational school like Florida Technical College may be best for you! Get in touch with us today to see how we can help you reach your goals with a vocational school.
RELATED ARTICLES :
- 5 things to consider when looking for a vocational school in Broward
- Why are more students choosing Vocational Schools in Miami?
- Demand for Vocational and Technical Careers Soars in the American Marketplace